Here’s 10 books that I think you should all read! If you want a certain book to show up on book recommendation list 003, then leave a comment and I will get back to you.
For my first list, click here Book Recommendations 001
- Behind Closed Doors, by B.A. Paris, a murderously humorous thriller.
- All About Love by Bell Hooks tells us what love really is.
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster, a book about a boy who stumbles into a magically fantastic world.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, a book focused on vibrant parties and thrills
- Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson is about a African American woman that killed a white baby, allegedly.
- Solsbury Hill by Susan M. Wyler, a love story set in contemporary times.
- A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams, a book that’s very similar to The Great Gatsby, but focus more on the women
- Homegoing by Yaa Gysai, a novel that focuses on two sisters. One that gets married to a British slaver and one that was sold into slavery.
- On the Road by jack Kerouac is a book that discusses Kerouac’s journey all over North America with Neal Cassedy, his friend.
- Not a fan by Kyle Idleman. Okay, this is a highly controversial book. It discusses what it really means to be a Christian and to follow the practice of it. You don’t have to be a Christian to read this book. Personally, I am not a full on Christian. I feel like the meaning of being a Christian is lost and a lot of people just think of it as going to church and studying the bible and then you can wear the “religious” tag. However, it is not like that. Being a Christian means making sacrifices, which is a term used much too lightly these days. This book may make you very uncomfortable but just go with it. (hehe sorry ’bout the rant-ish thingy).