I have my fair shares of characters that I am head-over-heels in love with. Here’s my list and explanation of why I love them so much.
- An obvious favorite of many, Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I absolutely loved the series as a kids. I read them intensely. I think he’s an amazing role model. He’s brave and determined. One of my favorite things about him is the fact that he is pretty funny, too.
- Another un-surprising favorite, Harry Potter from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Confession: I haven’t read the whole Harry Potter series. I started reading them pretty late, and about four books in, I gave up. There were more books coming out and I got kinda overwhelmed. But in the first four books, I loved Harry. He wasn’t annoying or snobby (which a lot of main characters can come off as *COUGH* Jason from Miss Peregrine’s Home of Peculiar Children). He was cared for his friends and he was strong in the face of danger.
- Not only did I love Harry, but I loved Hermione, too. She has a lot of amazing traits, but one of my favorite was her strength. She was never afraid and even was slightly intimidating at times to Harry and Ron. I loved that she wasn’t afraid of standing out. She is definitely one of my role models.
- Amy Gum from Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige is another character that is new to me, but one that I love. She may not be as popular as Percy, Harry, or Hermione, but she is just as love able. She’s incredibly intelligent. Her entire life was falling apart and she was able to keep it together. The way she could be so strong in battles at times, even though she started out as an outcast from Kansas, was very striking and inspirational.
- Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins is the my fifth favorite character on my list. He is incredibly sweet and it’s obvious that he cares for his friends and would do almost anything for them. The reason he’s not higher on the list is because he can come off as too nice sometimes. He also kinda, stalked her. But it’s in a cute way so that’s all good. haha. Is it?
DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUH